Thursday, July 23, 2009

Can I handle this?

In the waiting room, I couldn't focus. When the nurse called us back, she asked me how I was doing. I didn't know how to respond. I just kind of murmured something; I am not sure exactly what I said. I just knew I was not ecstatic nor was I down and out. I was just in the middle. I hadn't gotten my hopes up too much. I thought the two week wait was bad, this wait has been far more challenging. Then, she took my vitals and the other basics. DH & I were left to wait. My heart was pounding out of my chest and tears were about to flow. Then, it was our turn.

At first, I saw nothing. And, that's what I had expected. But then, I sac it.... we saw THEM. That's right, there were two sacs. The largest measured 5wd. The smaller of the two measured 4w6d. Our RE was pretty sure she saw a yolk sac in the smaller of the two sacs. Measuring behind would make sense due to our low HCG levels along the way. But, it's to be concerned about since we know when conception took place. It a wait and see game.

We need a miracle... or two. Two healthy babies would absolutely be amazing, but I would for sure be just as happy with one healthy baby.

Several hours after we got home the nurse called. My HCG was 6421. They are doing what they are supposed to!

And we wait... 2nd U/S, 7.30 9:00 AM!

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010