Wednesday, August 5, 2009

U/S # 2

I know, I am running behind. I am no longer in beta H*ll because I am now in ultrasound H*ll. What gives?

Last Thursday, we had our 2nd U/S. Again, I walked into the office nervous. I am just going to jump right to it. . . . As soon as we began the ultrasound, we saw both sacs. The sac that was measuring larger at the last appointment had grew in size. Unfortunately, there was no further development (no yolk sac, fetal pole, etc...). RE DX us w/ Vanishing Twin Syndrome.

We then took a look at the gestational sac that had measured small at the prior appointment. I could obviously tell that it had grew since last week. But, what stood out to all of us (DH, RE and I) immediately... was the precious HEARTBEAT that was there! It was simply amazing. I swear I could tell the baby's orientation. It looked like the head was up and that the baby was facing towards the right (looking on the ultrasound). RE is concerned that the sac was small (space around the baby). She said that this can improve. The baby itself has started to catch up (measured 6w3d, only 3 days behind).

Overall, she seemed pleased. She told me what meds. to continue and which to stop taking at certain points. She also talked to me about getting an appointment with an OBGYN. I also had blood work to check my TSH (thyroid) levels. Since my RE will be out of town, I will be seeing her partner at the clinic for one last appointment before heading off to my new OBGYN.

Please, please let this baby be o.k. I am praying that the gestational sac around the baby continues to grow.

Side notes:
1. Symptoms/Tickers - yes! But, I don't want to get too excited just yet. I want to add a ticker to the blog.. but I am going to wait until I graduate from my RE.
2. Need of something(s) to wear - school is starting...what should I be wearing?
3. OBGYN - Dr. T gave me 2 recommendations for OBGYNs. I called the Monday following the U/S. My 1st OBGYN appt. is 8.21. I hope I made the right choice.
4. 1st things 1st- one last appt. w/ RE's partner 8.10 please....please let everything be o.k

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010