Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fifth Post-Placement Visit

Last Thursday, we had our fifth post-placement visit. When our SW arrived, Baby C was playing her new jumperoo. So, we all sat on the floor to play and talk during the first part of our visit. I am so much more relaxed during these visits now. I don't clean my house to extremes for days ahead of time. First reason, I don't have the time anymore. Secondly, they don't expect that. They just want to make sure Baby C is part of the best family possible with tons of love!

While we were sitting on the floor, our SW asked us if we had heard what happened with our agency's director. We hadn't. Our SW went on to tell us that our director was no longer our director. My heart sank. I started to cry. This is the person that changed our lives forever with THE CALL. This is the person who met us at the hospital. This is the person who was there when we signed the papers and who completed our first post-placement visit. This came as a shock to us.

The visit lasted almost an hour after some discussion about what Baby C has learned, her next appointment, our next meeting with her BM and the meeting with our lawyer. I can't believe we only have two more home visits to go!

1 comments:

Sissy said... [Reply to comment]

Nice to meet you!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I look forward to coming back and reading more of your story!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010