Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mother's Exchanges- Heard of them?

About a month ago, I read about something called a Mother's Exchange. Basically, it's a huge indoor yard sale. The ones that we have been to are very organized. One that we went to even had bar codes for all of the items so that your items could be scanned at checkout. Basically, consignors sign-up to sale their items. For some of them, all of the profit goes to the seller and for others some of the profit also goes to the person or group who organized the event. One of them that we went to also had a $1 fee to get in. And ladies, get there early, it's like B.lack F.riday all over again (especially for the ones that are one day events).

I have been to four now and one of those I went to twice. Most of them are one day (about 4 hours) events held on a Saturday. One I went to this past week was open to the public Wednesday through Saturday. And, on Saturday most everything left was 50% off. I went to that one on Wednesday to catch the great deals on clothes, toys, etc... that I knew would go fast. Then, Saturday I went back to stock up on the 50% off deals. I love getting good deals. I am not ashamed of Good.will or yard sales. Many of the items you find at places like these can be barely worn/used and sometimes even have the orginal tags left on them. I am very careful with my inspections and as soon as I get my finds home I wash and/or santatizes them throughly.

I wish I would have taken pictures of all of my great deals and what these events look like. I will be honest; I have bought a lot at these events of the last couple of weeks. But, I couldn't pass up the great deals. I have bough sleepers for 50 cents up to 3 or 4 dollars (if I bought the 4 dollars ones they must have been new with tags). One sleeper that I bought, Nord.stram brand, was one dollar. I love G.ymboree clothes, but I just can't let myself pay some of those prices. But, I have found some great Gymbo. dresses for under $5. Most of the clothes that I have bought Baby C at these events have been for the seasons/months ahead. I have barely bought her anything that will fit her now.

We are going to another sale on November 6th, so I will take pictures then. I hear that this sale is normally HUGE! I will also try to remember to take pictures of some of the great buys as Baby C wears them!

At these sales, we have also scored some great deals on toys. I will also try to take some pictures of some of the toys we have found at great prices. I am telling you, I having been coming home with huge piles of goodies for $40 to $60.

One of the best deals we just bought at the sale this past week. It's the F.isher P.rice Rainforst Jumperoo. It looks BARELY used. We got it for $25!

Check out how much fun Baby C is having with one of her new toys!



We couldn't help but laugh!

So, check out your local newspapers, your Mom's Like Me website, etc... to see if events like this are held around your area. Normally, most organizations hold two a year (one in the spring/summer and the other in the fall/winter). You may have missed them for your area this year, but be on the lookout for them this spring. If you live in southeastern IN, southern OH and/or northwestern KY contact me about the one that is coming up!

7 comments:

Rach said... [Reply to comment]

Great bargins! Baby C is cute as always!!

nh said... [Reply to comment]

I love your photos - your daughter is gorgeous!
ICLW

Faith said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so jealous. I've looked for something like this around me and have yet to find them...I'll keep looking through, I am ALL about the bargains!

Nick and Kristi said... [Reply to comment]

I love a good Deal:) Your little miracle is getting so big already:)

Krista said... [Reply to comment]

We have a few big consignment sales like that here every year. I went to the fall one right when it opened and I couldn't believe how many people were there! I was on the phone getting advice from my cousin about breast pumps, had my hand on the one I wanted to buy and this woman just snatched it up and put it in her wagon (yes, she brought a wagon)!! So, needless to say, I didn't get the pump. But, the sales are a great way to find good deals.

raw said... [Reply to comment]

She's all jumped out! Love the pics!!!

How's mommy-hood treating you? :)

My Hopeful Journey said... [Reply to comment]

I love these things.. the ones I have been to are a bit different but the concept is the same. I love the deals! The pics are great!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010