Thursday, February 25, 2010

2 Down 2 to Go

Tuesday night we attended our 2nd homestudy education class. This class was held across the street from our agency in a hotel ballroom. A local adoption group, connected with our agency, hosts guest speakers on adoption several times throughout the year (along with the family oriented events they host). We are required 3 hours of education in the area of transcultural education and it just so happened that the adoption group had invited a guest speaker to discuss this very topic. The two hours flew by. The speaker was great! She had loads of good ideas and personal experience to back them up.

I can’t wait until DH and I get to join the adoption group. I think that it will be a good support system for us in the future.

What have we gotten done:
- Marriage license and insurance cards/verification copied
- Scheduled our physicals
- Started filling out our medical background forms
- We were fingerprinted today

Important dates coming up:
- 2.27.10 – 3rd Homestudy education class
- 3.6.10 – Physicals
- 3.6.10 – Our goal date to send out our paperwork from the ‘big’ packet
- 3.13.10 – 4th/Last Homestudy education class

What we need to be doing:
- Call about fire inspection and get things prepared by 3.6.10
- Fill out autobiography form (19 questions long) by 3.6.10
- Start thinking about profile and pick up supplies by ASAP

9 comments:

Kari said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck!! Looks like you've gotten a good start. It probably feels like there's an overwhelming amount to get done but you guys seem to be well on your way!! :)

Courtney said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, things are moving right along! I'm so happy for you!

Amber C said... [Reply to comment]

This is so exciting! You guys are well on your way!

Krissi said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! It looks like everything's on track! That's very exciting! I just added you on to my roll! Happy ICLW!

Jacksmom said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds like you all are really moving along and enjoying the process as well. I think that's great!! Now following you, thanks!...ICLW

Priscilla said... [Reply to comment]

Best of luck as you get all those tasks accomplished. It must feel good to be "moving along!" My thoughts are with you!!!

Faith said... [Reply to comment]

We are very close to you in our adoption process! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog! We have our classes condensed because we are in a rural town, so they are tonight and tomorrow and then we're done! I am so excited...and nervous:). Good luck and I'll keep an eye on your journey:).

Jodi said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad things are progressing so quickly for you! Yay! :)

Susan said... [Reply to comment]

Hi! I have been reading your blog for awhile now and me and my husband are looking into adoption as a way to start our family since we both have fertility issues.

I was wondering what agency you are using? There are so many agencies out there but it is hard to distinguish between the good and the bad ones.

Thank you so much!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010