Sunday, December 19, 2010

Second Snow Day - Part 1

Last Friday (12.16.10), we had our second snow day. We got a ton accomplished around the house. And, of course, we had a lot of fun. My DH and I made Human Puppy Chow
Here is what you need:

8 cups of Rice Chex or Corn Chex (we used rice)
Powered Sugar (as much as your heart desires)
2/3 cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
(Note: We used all off brands!)

All we did was microwave and stir the peanut butter and chocolate. Then, we added that mixute to the Chex, in a bowl, and mixed it together the best that we could. Finally, we put some of it in a z.iplock bag with some powered sugar (we added a ton of sugar). Then, we shook it up! After we had sugared all of the peanut butter chocolate covered chex, we let it all cool on wax paper. Since this is just for us we are just eating it off of the pan. But, this would be a great snack to take to an upcoming holiday party, send to your child's school, your place of work, etc... Some people like to add peanuts and/or raisins to their Human P.uppy C.how. We perfer the sweet stuff only!

P.S - I suggest having a big cup a milk close by!

5 comments:

manymanymoons said... [Reply to comment]

I love me some puppy chow! :)

kkasun said... [Reply to comment]

Yum, puppy chow is my favorite!

Faith said... [Reply to comment]

I have no idea how you get so much done with your little one around! I feel like we barely get anything done, because Jackson is always needing us. I guess when he takes good naps we get a break, but other than that, it's all us:). He still doesn't love the jumper or exersaucer. He's just a people person for now:). Hope you are enjoying those snow days!

Faith said... [Reply to comment]

I have no idea how you get so much done with your little one around! I feel like we barely get anything done, because Jackson is always needing us. I guess when he takes good naps we get a break, but other than that, it's all us:). He still doesn't love the jumper or exersaucer. He's just a people person for now:). Hope you are enjoying those snow days!

Heather Allen said... [Reply to comment]

Yummy! We call it monkey munch at our house...and we too eat it off the pan haha!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010