Wednesday, January 20, 2010


Welcome! I can’t believe it’s time for another ICLW.

DH & I are currently… LOST! Work, college and working out… all of those areas of our lives are going so well. On the ttc front… not so much. We are at a complete standstill on what direction we want to go next. I better figure something out soon since Aunt Flo should show anytime and that means another CD 3 appointment. We know that we want to see our RE again, but we don’t know what we want do or even what we to ask her.

Do we try another F.emara/Trigger/IUI cycle? Do we ask about an injectables/Trigger/IUI cycle? Do we use our last frostie in a FET cycle? Or, do we consider a fresh IVF cycle? None of the above? When? Where? HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST?

Please think of us both over the next few days. We have a ton of decision making to do… Do you have any thoughts for us?


Michele said... [Reply to comment]

Praying for you. Worry about the cost is so difficult. I hope you find a workable answer!!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Happy ICLW!

I was just reading through your blog and I think the first thing I would do is get a second opinion before trying anything else. A fresh set of eyes looking over what you have done is never a bad idea and maybe they can give you some more insight on what you could possibly do next.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

daega99 said... [Reply to comment]

The questions do suck and the answers are draining. We did a cost comparison last week between 3 options and I wanted to climb in bed and pull the covers over my head.... Writing it down helped to focus our discussions though and we have come up with a plan for 2010.


Leda said... [Reply to comment]

I will definitely keep the 2 of you in my thoughts! I wish things were easier (and cheaper) but they are not and there doesn't seem to be a darn thing that can be done about it.

Fran said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Rachel, stopping by to say hello. Gosh...decisions aren't easy, and sometimes the best thing is let the solution come to you rather than searching for one if you are not ready. Perhaps once you talk to your RE he may have some suggestions. Much love, Fran

ICLW #90

AMC said... [Reply to comment]

All very good questions. One of my books suggested making a pro's con's list...Good luck with whatever you decide. Don't you wish the magic 8 ball worked for big life decisions like these?


Priscilla said... [Reply to comment]

Oh Man...I really empathize with your confusion right now. I know I would feel the same way!! Maybe just ask all those questions to your RE and when you get the answers make a pro and cons list with your DH to figure out what is the best option for you both right now.

junebug said... [Reply to comment]

I wish I had some great advice but I'm fresh out. IF comes with so many brochures, decisions, choices, anxiety, etc. I'm always in awe of all the regular IF'er goes through.
I send hugs and good thoughts.

Willow said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you guys come up with some good questions, but also that your RE is able to offer you some guidance in your next steps. After all, it's their JOB to know what to do next! Too bad so many of them seem pretty clueless--I'm on my 3rd fertility clinic, 5th RE overall (because of some crazy shakeups at my first clinic) and 3.5 years into TTC, and am just now finally with an RE who seems to have a plan and ideas for different things to try as we move down the path with him! Good luck with whatever you decide!

T Lee said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, the treatment confusion- does it ever end?! Ugh.

Here's to clarity (and finding it in the first place).


Rach said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you both manage to find some answers and work out which route is better for you to take, unfortunately its a decision only you can make.

I second the suggestion of getting a second opinion, it can only help!


MelissaP05 said... [Reply to comment]

Hmm lots to consider and if it were up to me it would probably come down to finances, unfortunately. I was also diagnosed Hypothyroid, that's what we first thought was causing our IF, but we were wrong and were diagnosed with MFI on top of my infertility. Great combo, huh? Hope this cycle brings some good news about your levels. ~ICLW

Amaprincess said... [Reply to comment]

Money has been a big factor in our treatments...we have no IVF coverage...only IUI so thats all we are going to be able to do. It is so frustrating how trying to have a baby is so hard for some of us and so easy for others. I'll be praying for you guys! I'm new to your blog and I look forward to reading about your journey!

Mrs. Gamgee said... [Reply to comment]

Sending prayers that the right path for you will become apparent clearly and quickly.


Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I hear ya...

Gurlee said... [Reply to comment]

it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinon. But be sure to listen to what your body is telling you! Ian also in my 15th cycle & take daily synthroid. Good luck with the RE.

Ashley said... [Reply to comment]

I'll be thinking about you as you make your decision, but no advice from me!It's so tough making those decisions.


~Jess said... [Reply to comment]

I hope the answers and the means reveal themselves soon.


Gabby said... [Reply to comment]

my heart goes out to you.. I am so so sorry. I really think, yes, get a second opinion.. and write down every single thought/question you have and take it to both your RE and the second opinion doctor.

in the meantime, i don't know what you shoudl do exactly, but I will hope and pray for clarity for you. That the two of you will know what to do next and feel comfortable with your next steps..

thinking of you..

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

When it comes to IF, treatment decisions aren't easy. Not sure what your diagnosis is, but ours is advanced endo and one ovary and tube. We skipped straight to IVF without bothering with clomid or injectible IUIs. And yeah, it's expensive when insurance doesn't consider IF a disease.

Good luck with your decision. The best advice I can give you is to take your time and digest everything.

Take care.


Dana said... [Reply to comment]

best of luck sorting everything out! The cost question is the big one! What makes good financial and emotional sense.


Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010