Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blah... that's all I can say!

I’m not pleased.

AF showed. My RE’s office is open on weekends only for follie checks, blood work, ultrasounds and procedures. I was afraid that if I waited until Monday, after school, for an appointment that I would have time to get my meds. So, I paged my RE in hopes of getting in on Sunday.

One of the nurses from my RE’s office called me back not long after. They didn’t make me wait long. She told me that Dr. T said that I don’t need to come in for an appointment. I have always had a CD 3 appointment! I really don’t understand why. She said it was since I am just doing F.emara. I don’t get it. Am I not important anymore? Do they know it’s not going to work? Do they just not care? What if I have a cyst? AM I BEING CRAZY?

I had, still have, a ton of questions to ask them. I wanted them to check my thyroid levels since they haven’t been checked since my m/c. I wanted them to do the regular CD 3 blood work-up that, mind you, I have never had. I wanted to ask my RE for her heart-felt opinion of what to do next. I wanted to learn more about another fresh IVF cycle and/or using my last frostie.

I am pissed. It’s partially my fault. The conversation happened so quickly. Why didn’t I say NO? Why didn’t I say WAIT A MINUTE?

Instead, I am to take F.emara CD 3-7. They did up my dosage from 2 to 3 pills daily in hopes of producing 2 follies instead of one. My RE wanted to see me on CD 13, but they only had morning appointments available. When we first started ttc I would miss school for anything ttc related, now I won’t… I can’t. I reminded my nurse that on CD 13 last cycle that I had a follie that was about 18mm already. So, she scheduled me an appointment on the afternoon of CD 12. I don’t have to miss school, but unfortunately my husband cannot be at the appointment since he has parent teacher conferences. I wonder what my car ride home will be like this time. I wonder if we’ll even get to try this month.

If you can’t tell already… my hope has already flown out the window for this month.

9 comments:

Missy said... [Reply to comment]

Ugh, so frustrating. I get "white coat syndrome" where I turn from a normal, self-confident accomplished woman to a driveling idiot in the dr's office.

Leda said... [Reply to comment]

I absolutely hate when you already feel like the cycle is over for you with no success even when it is just beginning. I will be wishing and hoping for you this cycle! Also, if you want you can check out my new blog at http://www.babblingbitterbitch.blogspot.com

Life Happens said... [Reply to comment]

I've done that before where I get off the phone and then have a ton of questions I didn't ask!

I hope the appt goes well and that you will be able to get all your questions in. Don't lose hope. Miracles can happen. Keep believing.

Jane said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, I know how you feel about not getting all the answers you want. Like Missy said, it's "white coat syndrome"! But hopefully this cycle won't be a total bust for you. Sounds like asking to come in on CD12 might be the right day for you, and hopefully the higher femara dose will give you 2 nice big follies!

Courtney said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated and defeated. Maybe you could call your RE's office this week and at least get a nurse to answer all your questions. I'll be praying that things go really well this time!

AnxiousMummyto3 said... [Reply to comment]

Hey there
Here from ICLW. I agree with the other commenters. I understand how frustrated you are, hopefully a nurse can provide some answers if not the doc. Hang in there!!

Priscilla said... [Reply to comment]

So sorry you're frustrated!! I wont give up hope for you!!!

Gabby said... [Reply to comment]

what a major bummer! call back! i do that all the time where I don't get all the answers and I beat myself up for it. call back and ask the questions you need answers to. you deserve it!

Shanny said... [Reply to comment]

Oh no, being frustrated is just horrible! I'm sorry =(
BUT I'm still hoping this cycle comes through for you positively, GL!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010