Saturday, July 26, 2014

L&D Visit

Thursday morning we had plans to get up early (I even set an alarm) head to the zoo, grab lunch, pick up the pottery that they girls had completed on Chloe's birthday and run errands. Well, that's not what they day had in store for us.

I woke up a little before 6 am. I was super excited when I woke up because I had actually slept and slept pretty well. I headed to the restroom where I noticed blood. It wasn't gushing like last time (go back and read what happened on Not So Usual Vacation in June if you haven't already). But, it was there. I also noticed pretty heavy and consistent cramping in my lower pelvis.

I woke Jason up. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to be that girl that called the on call doctor for no reason. After a little time and debate, we decided to call. After talking to the operator, the doctor called back. It was the doctor that had delivered TT. We haven't seen her this pregnancy. I told her our history and what was going on. She said to her to the L&D Triage.

We weren't as panicked. But, still nervous. I was moving all around, so I hadn't felt him move. We pulled out the fetal doppler. Sweet baby boy was ok.

We both quickly showered. Our littlest heard us and she laid in our bed. We decided to pack a few things since we didn't know what was going to happen.

Grrrrr.... ever since Milwaukee we kept saying that we needed to get our bags packed. Honestly, I am not sure sure what I packed for him, the girls or myself. We just shoved a bunch of stuff in random places, grabbed cameras and left.

I knew my sister was out of town; we called J&A. They live in the same town as us and just a day or two before we told them that once we were in labor we may have to us them (if it happened in the middle of the night, etc....). We dropped them off in the pjs with a drink and snack. We left the carseats and a bag bag of random clothing.

We then headed down the road. We then called my sister just to let her know what was going on. We also called Jason's mother. Our plan was to get there, get checked out and then determine what was next.

It was surreal almost being back in the hospital where we had TT. Jason dropped me off while I went upstairs to be registered. I was taken back immediately. After changing and vitals, I was hooked up for monitoring (NST). My bleeding had already slowed down to spotting and had turned darker.

A few minutes into the monitoring,  I started contracting. There were marked as mild. They were 3-4 minutes apart and lasting about 45 seconds each. After talking to the on call doctor, the nurse checked me. My cervix is high. He is not engaged. The outer open of the cervix was open. So, they were not causing anything to change.

Dr. S then came on duty. I have seen him this and last pregnancy. He also saw me a few days after the Milwaukee incident. He came into triage to see me. With no progress, I was to go home. I asked what I should look for as far as when to become concerned (they said heavier bleeding that's red again, increase in contractions (time/intensity)). I asked if this was my new normal (could I bleed off and on, could I have contractions off and on, etc....). I was told yes.

After discharge, we stopped and got lunch. We then headed to get the girls. My contractions continued most of the day and into the early evening. Then stopped. I was still cramping off and on though. I then woke up to contractions during the middle of the night. By morning, they had stopped again.

We then set an alarm to get up and run errands (we were determined to get our hospitals bags packed). However, TT had other plans. A bout 30 minutes before our alarm, I woke up to pee in our bed (she had come into our room during  the middle of the night).

Thank you TT.... thank you waterproof cover for nothing.... the pee went right through. We had been wanting a new mattress set for a while. We today we are getting on. Jason and his Dad are picking it right now as I type. Throughout the day, the bleeding has picked up, but it has been darker in color. I have felt cramping most of the day and a few contractions off and on.


Life Happens said... [Reply to comment]

Baby boy is ready to come! So scary to bleed during pregnancy! I'm glad things are ok.


Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010