Thursday, February 24, 2011

NT Scan Results

I am so sorry for not updating sooner!

On Monday, we decided to leave the house a little early to run some errands and grab a bite to eat. The weather was terrible. It was raining and cold.

We got to the office around 2:40pm. I thought that our appointment was at 3:20pm. So, we decided to wait in the car for a while so Baby C could get in a little nap (she had been having a rough day due to teething). I had left the appointment card in the car from when I had orginally got it, so I decided to take a look at it. It said 3:45pm. Oh no. But, I really thought our appointment was for 3:20pm. Where did I pull that time from? So, around 3:00pm I decided to go in by myself, check-in, see what time our appointment really was and wait in the waiting room. As soon as I signed in, saw that my time was actually 3:45pm and sat down, they called me back. My heart rate flew through the roof! I had to go outside to grab the rest of the family. They were confused (I had literally just texted my DH to come in a little before 3:45pm).

The sonographer took us straight back to the ultrasound room. It seems like the u/s took a matter of seconds. We got to the hear the heartbeat again. And, as always it was more than amazing to hear! We thought that we should be measuring at 11w1d based on our last u/s at my RE's office. However, we measured 11w3d. As soon as the u/s started, the Baby had hiccups! It was soooo cute to watch! We saw the Baby's hands and feet. Their legs looked soooo long!

The sonographer told us what she was doing when she was doing it, but of course she couldn't tell us much about it. As she was typing up the report for our file/doctor, I saw that she typed 1.1mm for the NT fold. That's great, right!?!? I also saw that the placenta is posterior.

Then, it took two trys, but I had to give four vials of blood. They were doing regular OB bloodwork, checking my TSH and taking blood for the NT test(s). I also had to complete other regular OB vitals and checks.

I was also able to get a new prescription for Z.ofran. My last was written by my RE and I was about out.

We were in and our before 3:45pm.

Our next appointment is Tuesday (3.1.11). This will be at our local office with our midwife.


Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Praise the Lord! I was a nervous wreck not hearing from you yesterday! Blessings to you!

Faith said... [Reply to comment]

YaY, all good news!!!! So happy to hear it:)!

Victoria said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so glad it went well and that it went so quickly! You should be out of the morning sickness phase soon, that's always a good thing:)

Krista said... [Reply to comment]

Wonderful news!

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

Great news!! And yes, 1.1 is great!

Jacksmom said... [Reply to comment]

That's awesome! So glad all went well and it's even better that you were able to get in and out before you were originally supposed to be there!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Visiting from ICLW...great news!! I look forward to reading more good news!

Karen and Shane Ellison said... [Reply to comment]

1.1 is fabulous!! I pray that we are as lucky on ours in a few more weeks!!


Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010