Friday, May 22, 2009

Meds, Meds & More Meds

Holy cow! That's all I can say. I couldn't believe it when I opened up the BOX today. It was waiting for me on the front porch when I got home from work.

Let me first back up. As you know from my last post, the pharmacy had contacted me Wednesday. Basically, they took my basic and insurance information. The representative then told us a maximum cost for my meds. And, to be honest, it was a TON less than I had anticipated. She thought my insurance may cover the: antibiotic, steroid, lupron and/or PIO. Later that night another representative called. They had already filed the claim with my insurance and my insurance had already paid. The lady went on to say... "Your final is $332 (and some odd change)!" I said...."oh wait, that can't be right." Apparently, I do not have coverage for the IVF procedure itself, but I have really good prescription service. In the end, I had a copay for a couple of this items and I had to pay full cost for the Lupron and PIO. I thought that part was very ironic. I had to pay full cost for two of items the first representative thought that I would have coverage for. I ended up asking them to call my insurance company again and double check. Thursday, mid-morning, I called them back. After doubling check, the price was right! So, we ordered and they shipped.
This is what I came home to today....

Also, got yet another VMail today at work. The receptionist for Dr. T's office called. She was just confirming our meeting for next Friday @ 4pm.

Checkmark! We stopped in at Wally World tonight. We found the Baby Aspirin. Add that to my pile of meds.

0 comments:

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2010